|COURSE DESCRIPTION & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
When local hospitals and clinics reach capacity after a disaster, additional treatment and health resources are available. Texas has mass effect/casualty response capabilities and resources in all levels of government, non-profit organizations, and health coalitions.
- Define Mass Casualty Incidents and surge capacity
- Identify different disaster classifications and emergency declarations
- Describe the effects of Mass Event Incidents on medical and public health resource capacity and the use of alternate care site
- Describe the request process for emergency resources
- Define Mass Fatality Incidents and identify MFI services and worker protections