|COURSE DESCRIPTION ||Transgender Health 104: Psychological Distress reviews behavioral health issues pertaining to transgender, gender non-binary, and intersex individuals. This course provides a resource for health care, behavioral health, and public health practitioners administrators, and leaders who wish to enhance their capacity to serve the transgender community in their practice.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define key terms, including behavioral health, gender dysphoria, and resilience
- Explain the significance of efforts to normalize transgender and non-binary gender identities
- Describe risk factors for mental illness, substance use, and suicide among members of the transgender community
- Identify factors that promote resilience among the transgender community
- Differentiate appropriate vs. inappropriate therapeutic roles, activities, and environments for behavioral health professionals counseling transgender people